Welcome to the CountrySTAT website
CountrySTAT is a statistical framework and applied information system
for analysis and policy-making designed in order to organize, integrate
and disseminate statistical data and metadata on food and agriculture
coming from different sources.
CountrySTAT gathers and harmonizes
scattered institutional statistical information so that information
tables become compatible with each other at the country level and with
data at the international level. The main objectives are to facilitate
decision-maker's access to information and to bind data sources that are
currently spread throughout the different institutions.
CountrySTAT approach is based on the application of data and metadata
standards of FAOSTAT and GAUL (Global Administrative Unit Layers). Many
countries have shown interest and are adopting it into their national
statistical system. Furthermore, CountrySTAT is accompanied by a
capacity-building strategy at country level to make the system
sustainable in the long-term. CountrySTAT is networking with FAOSTAT and
other sister information systems like FENIX.CountrySTAT is a
statistical framework and applied information system for analysis and
policy-making designed in order to organize, integrate and disseminate
statistical data and metadata on food and agriculture coming from
Joint CountrySTAT FTWG Ethiopia, Kenya And Tanzania Fertilizer Pre-Validation Workshop, Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. October 2016
- Support country expertise by providing methodology, classification and coding system for collection, standardization and harmonization of data coming from various local sources.
- Promote partnerships between various statistical institutions within countries.
- Assist countries in integrating and organizing national data to make them comparable at international level.
- Facilitate the analysis of data for supply utilization accounts and food balance sheets.
- Implement a programme that facilitates electronic data collection from countries, reducing the burden on these countries in completing numerous questionnaires.
- Help countries disseminate data through communication and information tools at National and Subnational levels.
Ms. Julia Stone (CountrySTAT Country Project Officer, Statistics Division FAO - Rome) left and Fertilizer Technical Working Group from Ethiopia.Kenya and Tanzania (right).